- Performed OPCAB- off pump coronary artery bypass surgeries at INSTITUTE OF CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE. Department of cardiac surgery, Timisoara, ROMANIA between 1st and 6th of June 2007, to start their OPCAB programme in their centre.
- Performed three OPCAB procedures at two separate hospitals during the XVI international congress of the Cardiovascular and thoracic surgery held in LIMA, Peru. S. America – March 17th to 18th 2011.
- Demonstrated the use of VAO on a patient at Fortis heart Institute New Delhi on 14th Jan 2012 during the National IACTS CTCME.
- Operated at the University Medical Centre of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam on the 19th and 20th of Nov 2012.Performed OPCAB to demonstrate the intricacies of the technique.
- Operated at the Cho Ray Hospital, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam on 20th Nov 2012. Ped OPCAB and MVR there.
- Demonstrated the newly developed SIMS (simple Indian made stabilizer) at the U N Mehta institute of Cardiology. Ahmedabad. Gujarat on 25 th May 2017.
- Performed Ten OPCAB surgeries at Mookambikai medical college and hospital as charity, Kulasekaram, Tamilnadu
- Performed 2 OPCABs and MICS..MVR and ASD and MICS-OPCAB-TAR, which was the first of its kind in South Africa
- Was nominated for the Techno-College Innovation award for the year 2010 and 2015 He was one of the three surgeons nominated from over 23 innovators who had submitted their innovations to the EACTS (European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgery). The nomination was for the Vettath’s Anastomotic Obturator in 2010 and for the SIMS (Simple Indian Made stabilizer) in year 2015.
- Received the UT Tithin Raj award in 2015 for revolutionizing cardiac surgery and for his inventions in OPCAB surgery.
- Recently did Three Heart Transplants in Kozhikode.
- Developed the following instrumentation for MICS (minimally invasive cardiac surgery) MICS- IMA retractor. MICS –chest spreader. MICS –Stabilizer. MICS long instruments – forceps, liga clip applicator and scissors.
- Developed totally indigenous instruments to perform the first MICS- TAR in India on 13 th Nov 2017
Has been conferred the FRCS (Glasgow) in Oct.2019.
Has performed more than 5000 OPCABS so far (July 2021).